Fashion and racing are inextricably connected and there is no better example than the Tuscany Road Fashion in the Field at the J. Swap Contractors Matamata Breeders’ Stakes Raceday on Saturday 24th February 2018.
Racing is attractive to everyone, from the rich and famous to someone looking for a fun day out, all dressed to the nines for a display of elegance, opulence, style and glamour.
Raceday attire is all about style, sophistication, glamour and elegance and this is reflected in the fashion. When dressing for the track, think couture not cocktail – this is the day to dress in your finery!
What do the judges look for?
- Appropriateness for the raceday
- Suitability for the weather conditions of the day
- Style and originality
- Attention to detail
- A headpiece is an essential component of raceday for the ladies
- Understanding and interpretation of current fashion trends
- Grooming and deportment
Entrants may use any fabric or materials in the construction of their outfit (including head wear), but are reminded that a competitor's ensemble should be appropriate for the weather conditions of the day.
Judged by a panel of fashion identities, participants compete for some fabulous prizes valued at over $10,000 with each individual category winner valued at over $1,000! The first twenty entrants will each receive a luxury gift bag – just for entering!
ENVISAGE RACEDAY ELEGANCE
For both ladies and gents. High fashion, stylish, timeless, elegant, sophisticated, coordinated, accessorised, smart and tasteful.
JANE'S FASHION & ACCESSORIES AVANTE GARDE
For both lads and ladettes
The ultra creative, standout from the crowd, eye catching, unique, flair, no confines, just make the judge 'love you' category.
TUSCANY ROAD FASHION IN THE FIELD SUPREME WINNER
Automatic entry into Viva Prix de Fashion competition, held Saturday 3rd March 2018 at Ellerslie, chosen from the top three from each category.
TUSCANY ROAD Fashions In The Field Information, Terms, & Conditions
- The Promoter of the 2018 Fashion in the Field, to be held 24th February, is Matamata Racing Club of 7555 Hinuera Road, Matamata.
- To the extent of any inconsistency in the information on how to enter and any other details and instructions, these terms and conditions prevail. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All entrants must be 14 (fourteen) years of age or over at the date of the event.
- For the overall Grand Prize winning contestant to represent Matamata Racing Club at the Ellerslie Prix De Fashion, held Saturday 3rd March 2018 at Ellerslie. The contestant must be 18 years of age and have a current driver’s licence as at Saturday 3rd March 2018. If a contestant does not meet the above criteria, or is unavailable, the promoters reserve the right to select an alternative contestant (not necessarily another major category winner). Any winner must also be bound by all terms and conditions of the Ellerslie event.
- Employees or immediate family members of an employee, or representatives of the Matamata Racing Club and sponsors associated with this event are ineligible to enter or judge the event.
- Entrant Registration will be taken online up until 12 pm Friday 23rd February or from 11 am oncourse and will close prior to the first race on Saturday 24th February at the fashion registration marquee (registration close off may be extended at the promoter’s discretion)
- Failure to appear at the allocated time for judging and/or at the semi-final, final or presentation(s) will result in disqualification. You will be notified of these times at the registration marquee.
- The wearer of the winning outfit is deemed the prize-winner.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
- All voucher prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the company the voucher is issued for.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- Should adverse weather conditions prevent the competition taking place on the outdoor catwalk, the event may be moved indoors to an area to be advised on the day. If the race meeting is abandoned, the event may be cancelled and a substitute event may not be offered.
- Entry in the competition is deemed as consent by the winners to appear in a reasonable amount of advertising and publicity including use and publication of the winner’s photo (either by the Club or any other third party to which it is licensed).
- All photographs of entrants taken on-course on the day of the competition become the property of the Matamata Racing Club and may be used for future advertising and publicity purposes and may also be licensed or provided to the NZ Racing Board for its day to day, advertising and promotional use.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and any other person or party associated with the promotion shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered, sustained or caused (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or any prize.